If you grew up eating french toast on the weekends as a special treat, you’ll know what a treat it is. If you’re vegan there’s no reason to miss out – I prefer this version to the non-vegan version too. It’s also ideal if you have some bread that’s a little past its best as you won’t be able to tell at all with this! Perfect with mixed berries and maple syrup on top 🙂
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- 240ml almond milk
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 slices bread (sourdough works well – not too soft)
- Coconut oil
- Toppings of choice (works well with anything you’d usually put on pancakes)
- Mix all the ingredients except the bread in a mixing bowl
- Heat a tsp coconut oil in a frying or griddle pan
- Dip the bread slices in the mixture for a couple of seconds – you don’t want them totally drenched
- Once the pan is hot (before the oil burns) place the slices of bread in and cook until browning on one side (around 3 minutes in a hot pan)
- Using a spatula, flip the bread to cook the other side
- Top with desired toppings and serve up!
One thought on “Vegan french toast”
This looks amazing! I’ve never even tried french toast so I’m definitely going to try this alternative, I hope it turns out as well as yours looks.