This recipe is perfect for Christmas (and honestly any time of year yes please), and is just so easy to make! This makes so many biscuits and they’re perfect for storing and having as a mid-morning snack. Let me know if you make these – I’d love to see your creations!
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 300g plain flour
- 100g coconut flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 150g muscovado sugar
- 2tbsp ginger
- 1/2tbsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle of ground cloves
- 100g coconut oil
- 100g dairy free margarine
- 50ml dairy free milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix the chia seeds with 3tbsp water and leave to thicken
- Mix together the flour, coconut flour, baking powder, sugar and spices in a mixing bowl
- Heat the margarine and coconut oil and mix together. Mix in the chia seed mix with a fork until incorporated
- Pour oils into the dry mixture and mix.
- Add the milk slowly and mix in until the mix is holding together
- Leave to thicken before rolling out on top of clingfilm (it will be easier to do in 2 batches)
- Cut out whatever shapes you like and place on a tray with baking parchment (or foil)
- Place in the oven and cook until browning at the edges, 10-15 minutes (depending how soft you like them)
- Let cool and ice (or not) as desired!