An Easter classic, these can be made in no time at all and are great to made with kids! They’re also vegan and gluten free, if need be, so perfect little treats even for family dietary requirements! They can be made with most breakfast cereals, but work best with cornflakes, rice crispies or bran flakes. I use mesa sunrise, a gluten free cereal that I love. Top with mini eggs to make them super Easter-y.
- 50g coconut oil
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1tbsp syrup (I use coconut nectar)
- 1tbsp cacao powder
- 100g cornflakes (or other cereal)
- Place the cupcake moulds in a cupcake tray, or another dish if you don’t have one.
- Put the coconut oil, broken up dark chocolate and syrup in a bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 30s until it is all melted.
- Once melted, pour in the cereal and mix until all the cereal is coated.
- Spoon into the cupcake cases and pour over any remaining melted chocolate mixture when done, then top with whatever you’d like (I went for silver and chocolate balls).
- Place in the fridge to set.