Pig in blankets are one of the most popular Christmas-time recipes, but are about as un vegan friendly as it gets! For health, environmental and ethical reasons, these could be a better option – whilst they’re essentially nothing like the traditional recipe (hence why I called them pigs in slankets), in my opinion they’re significantly tastier!
I use Linda McCartney sausages for this but use whichever are your favourite. If you’re vegan be careful as some do contain egg!
- 1 aubergine, thinly sliced
- Rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 12 vegan sausages (I use Linda McCartney)
- 1tbsp Tahini
- Salt, pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and cook the sausages according to the packet instructions
- Place the aubergine slices in a bowl and drizzle in rapeseed oil, sweet chilli sauce, salt and pepper until all the slices are coated
- Spray a griddle pan with oil and heat
- Place the aubergine on the griddle pan in batches, turning after one side is cooked so both sides are browned
- Wrap each sausages in an aubergine slice (you should be able to wrap all 12)
- Mix together tahini, salt and pepper and drizzle on top of the sausages
- Sprinkle on some chilli flakes and serve!