This oat milk recipe was found by my boyfriend and developed by me, so it is very personalised to my tastes. It is amazing in coffee but would also work well with breakfast cereal – why not try it with my granola? Save the oat mixture left over at the end to eat for breakfast – it tastes just like overnight oats and is wonderfully creamy 🙂
If you’d like a less creamy oat milk, simply increase the amount of water you add to the blender. Similarly, if you’d like more of a cream texture, just decrease the amount of water. Enjoy!
Makes around 600-700ml oat milk
- 200g Oats
- Optional: Vanilla essence/sweetener to taste (dates work well if you soak and blend them with the oats)
- Soak the oats in excess water (totally cover them and add some extra)
- Leave for 20 minutes to soak
- Drain through a sieve and rinse with cold water
- Place the oats in a blender with about 300ml water*
- Blend until for about 4 minutes on full power
- Strain through a sieve into a jug (it may help to move it around with a spoon to get most of the liquid out)
- Pour into a glass bottle and store in the fridge (lasts for around 5 days).
One thought on “Oat milk”
Estoy entusiasmado de encontrar blogs donde hallar informacion tan practica como esta. Gracias por poner este post.
LikeLiked by 1 person