I always thought that vegan pancakes would have something lacking from them, or maybe they wouldn’t hold together as well as ‘normal’ pancakes. These, however, taste just like your classic fluffy american pancake and are 100% vegan!
Let me know if you make these by tagging my instagram or commenting below.
- 150g self raising flour
- 250ml almond milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp brown sugar
- Coconut oil
- Mixed berries
- Sweeter (I use fruit syrup)
- Mix together the dry and wet ingredients separately
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and whisk to remove lumps
- Leave for a few minutes to thicken while you make the sauce (see below)
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan
- Ladle the mixture into the hot pan – you should be able to make 2 pancakes at once in the pan
- Once the top surface is bubbly and starting to cook around the edges, flip the pancakes using a wide plastic spatula
- Cook for a minute or two longer until light brown
- Pour the required amount of mixed berries into a saucepan and add a dash of water.
- Heat and let simmer while you make the pancakes
- Sweeten to taste