This recipe is totally vegan but for anyone who’s not vegan, don’t be put off – the gooey interior will please any dessert lover, and it’s rich enough to only need one slice (although who would stop at that). The recipe is also super easy and requires minimum ingredients, dishes and time. The best!
- 180g dark chocolate
- 100g ground almonds
- 70g flour
- 3 heaped tbsp cocoa
- 150g dark sugar (Demerara, golden caster or muscavado)
- Pinch of salt
- Vanilla essence
- 230ml almond milk
- 5tbsp sunflower oil
- 100g pecan or walnuts (optional but recommended)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Melt 150g of the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan of water
- While it’s melting, add all the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix
- Warm the almond milk slightly and add it, the oil and the melted chocolate to the bowl with the dry ingredients in
- Chop the remaining 30g of chocolate and pecans and mix in (the mixture will start off quite liquidy but start to solidify as it cools)
- Pour into a lined cake tin and cook for 20 minutes.*
*This leaves a slightly gooey centre – if you prefer it more gooey or solid, adjust the cooking time by 2-3 minutes more or less (depending what you like). Remember it solidifies more as it cools.
3 thoughts on “Gooey chocolate cake”
This looks incredible!
chocolate cake is my all time favorite…and this recipe sounds so yummy ..i will definitely try this
Oooh can’t wait to see how it turns out. Don’t forget to tag if you share on Instagram! 🙂