This recipe is a staple that should always be found in your fridge if you’re into fitness or love chocolate. The only problem is, as soon as you make them, they’re basically gone straight away, especially if you have sisters! But at around 30 calories a bite, you can make a few batches and not feel terrible if you eat them all (been there, done that, no regrets).
Per ball – P: 4.1g, C: 0.6g F: 1.4g, 30 calories
- 120g protein powder of choice*
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50g ground almonds **
- 150-200ml almond milk
- Honey/agave/maple syrup (optional, to taste)
* I use nutristrength chocolate whey isolate. You can use vegan protein but you may have to use more milk. Salted caramel and various other proteins work really well here too! Experiment and let me know what you come up with.
** If you like peanuts, peanut flour created smores truffles – SO GOOD
- Mix the dry ingredients together make sure they are well blended.
- Add the milk slowly, mixing as you go. I usually use around 170ml with whey protein. You may not need the full 200ml
- Add the honey/sweetener at this point and mix in
- You should get to the consistence where it is extremely hard to mix but not dry.
- Wet your hands and grab small (walnut sized) balls of mixture and roll into a ball (the mixture, not you)
- Pour cocoa powder onto a chopping board/flat surface. Roll the ball in it using your palm.
- Store in the fridge (best when eaten cold).