This recipe is easy enough to make on a weekly basis when you will inevitably have run out of the last batch. What is so good about it is that you can just chuck in whatever nuts or seeds you have around – as long as you have the base ingredients, everything else is optional!
- 2 cups oats (or substitute 1 cup oats for sugar-free muesli)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- Dash of almond milk
- 3 tbsp unrefined sugar (rapidura or muscavado)
- 2 cups nuts or seeds (any mix of nuts and seeds works)
- Optional: 1 Scoop vanilla Huel (adds vanilla flavouring)*
- Optional: 1 egg white (to replace this you can use a little more almond milk and/or almond butter)
nb/ You can add raisins or other dried fruit, but do this AFTER the granola is cooked (they don’t enjoy the oven very much).
*Vanilla Huel is one of my favourite favours, and even just the smallest amount can add a lot of flavour to this granola. If you don’t have any, feel free to add any vanilla protein powder instead.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees
- Mix the dry ingredients in a big bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan, take off the heat and add cold almond milk. Mix.
- Add the egg white, if using, and beat into the coconut oil (make sure the pan isn’t too hot so you don’t cook it)
- Pour the wet mixture onto the dry mixture and mix well
- Spread mixture out onto a large baking tray and put in the oven for 20 minutes, or until browning at the edges. Mix with a wooden spoon once or twice when in the oven.