This recipe is so decadent tasting that you’d never know it wasn’t unhealthy! It can be made vegan (using darker chocolate or omitting the chocolate chips entirely) and/or gluten free (by using gluten free flour, such as rice flour), so there’s something for everyone! If you do not own a food processor, mash the sweet potato and omit the dates, using 70g date/agave/maple syrup or honey instead.
These can be kept in the fridge or freezer, but don’t keep for longer than a week – not that they’ve ever lasted that long in my house!
- 700g sweet potato (1 very large or 2 medium)
- 15 dates
- 50g 80%+ chocolate
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g wholewheat flour (or gluten free alternative)
- 4-5tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3tbsp agave syrup
- Scrub and cut up the sweet potato(es) and steam for 20 minutes, or until completely soft.
- Mix together the ground almonds, flour, cocoa, salt and chopped chocolate to a bowl
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, blend in a food processor with the dates.
- Mix the sweet potato with the agave syrup, before transferring to the dry ingredients bowl.
- Mix thoroughly
- Spoon into a small cake tin or loaf tin.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes
One thought on “Sweet Potato choc-chip brownies”
Wow.. Thats an interesting recipe, perfect for a sweet craving. Hope I can replace agave syrup with stevia.