This delicious dinner has macros to suit everyone on all but the most carb-restricted of diets, and is delicious enough to serve to anyone, even those who aren’t into healthy food (everyone has those family members and friends!).
This meal has approximately 870 calories, 69g carbs, 33g fat and 82g protein per person. This is including the skin of the salmon , which is filled with good oils (but feel free to remove it is you’re not a fan), 1 salmon per person, Explore Cuisine lentil spaghetti and a drizzle of chilli oil at the end.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- ½ head of broccoli
- 2 shallots, or ½ white onion, finely chopped
- 150g spaghetti (I use lentil Explore Cuisine spaghetti as it is higher in protein)
- 140g low fat yogurt
- 200g prawns
- 1-2 salmon fillets
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- Drizzle of chilli infused olive oil
- Steam the salmon and prawns until cooked through (times may differ from frozen so check the packet!)
- At the same time, fill a pan with salted water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook for the recommended time
- Steam the broccoli until soft
- Fry the garlic and shallots/onion in some 1kcal spray and add the broccoli to the pan once cooked
- Turn off the heat and add the yogurt. Mix together.
- Flake the salmon and add it and the prawns to the sauce
- Drain the pasta once done and then return it to the saucepan
- Add the sauce to the pasta and crack an egg on top
- Mix the egg with the pasta – it will cook on the residual heat from the sauce and pasta (if you are worried it won’t cook, you can turn on the heat for a short amount of time to cook it some more).
- Serve up and top with chilli infused oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy!! I know I did.